Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Blogger Down?

This is what happened:

I finished the video around 5PM this afternoon & had all the links ready to go. And Blogger's down. Really. The page said "Scheduled Maintenance from 4-4:30PM PST." And it was already 5PM. So I tried again at 6PM. 7PM. At 8PM I gave up and went home.

After taking the dog for a walk, I wondered if Blogger was back up. VoilĂ !

So I opened a bottle of Chalfonte Cognac (I've been heretofore totally ignorant of the devil's spirit and would like to be familiar with all drinkable liquids), queued up Mason Jennings, and resumed ripping our collection of over 300 CDs to high-quality VBR MP3s by popping into our big ol' Gateway Morrissey's Southpaw Grammar, which Bob says is severely underrated while I say Boy Racer is the only redeeming song on the album. Edit: Bob is shy. Second Edit: Bob is not shy & I'm a dork.

Good night all, while I wait for Angela to come home...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa... i actually don't like the album that much, but the song "the operation" is grand, it has a brilliant drum solo intro... and the transistion into the song... phenom.
that is the highlight of the album in my worthless opinion.

January 26, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I think the effusing on the drum solo is what I remember. I think you're right. My memory doesn't serve me well anymore. Could have been the Cognac. Surprisingly, I listened to Southpaw Grammar after Mason Jennings, & it didn't suck as much as I remember. Go figgur.

January 26, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|