Monday, May 01, 2006

See This Movie or Be Blown Up. Just Kidding.

MI3 is coming out soon, and so in a stroke of marketing genius music boxes playing the classic Mission Impossible theme were placed inside random news racks of the Los Angeles Times. Kinda cute, right? Except it kinda looks like a bomb. Which, in this post-9/11 hyper-freaked-out era, is a totally brilliant idea. Not surprisingly, local authorities were notified, who quickly rendered the device "safe" by blowing the news rack to smithereens. Love it.

For the video report, click here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

Yeah everyone better go see that movie - Baby Suri's therapy is NOT gonna pay for itself, huh?

May 02, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why couldn't they play the "In my shiny little 'surrey' with the friiiiiiinge on the tooooop" song from the musical Oklahoma??? I guess nobody would get the connection. I mean, who has seen Oklahoma since it came out in the...'60's, was it?? *hides my copy of the DVD*

P.S. I'm a friend of Meepers and she told me how funny you are. I've lurked here a few times. :D

May 02, 2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

I actually don't get the connection, but that would be funny. Chiada, you MIGHT remember this chap from our wedding...the dashing young man in the black suit (the one that was NOT the groom) and his lovely wife with the black skirt, white wrap around shirt and cool woven hat?

May 02, 2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Suri. Surrey. I get it. Kid's gonna grow up thinking it's part of a machine. Which it kinda is, sadly.

Nice to kinda data-cally meet you, Chiada! Meeps is overly flattering. I doubt you noticed me; I was actually disguised as sand on the beach.

May 02, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

Suri... surrey... I swear there's blonde in here somewhere! Methinks the lad doth protest to much - Chiada I'll show you pictures next time you and E. are down here.

May 05, 2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Garments Accessories Manufacturers said...

Asia Industries is one of the leading rivet manufacturers in India. We are a renowned manufacturer and exporter of Chinese rivet button, rivet buttons for jeans etc.

March 18, 2011 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|